Municipal Government:

Main Switchboard 780 865 6000
Address: 131 Civic Centre Road
2nd Floor
Hinton, AB, T7V 2C1

Local Services & Utilities:

If you require any information regarding local bylaw or emergency services, permits or water, sewer and garbage, or other services view utilities and services information on the Town of Hinton website.


A lot of work has occurred to streamline the permitting process. The Town of Hinton has committed to a high level of customer service and if we can assist you in your consideration of Hinton as a place to live or to build your business, contact the Chamber office.

If you are making changes or require assistance applying for a development permit, you can go directly to permit information on the Town of Hinton Website.

Provincial Government:

The sitting MLA for West Yellowhead is Eric Rosendahl. The West Yellowhead Constituency Office can be reached at 780.865.9796.  If you require additional information visit the West Yellowhead constituency office website.

To be connected toll-free in Alberta to any Alberta government office, dial 310-0000 followed by the area code and phone number of the office you wish to reach. Outside Alberta, call long distance 780-427-2711 to reach the government call centre. View a full listing of Government department contact information.

Federal Government:

The sitting MP for Yellowhead is Jim Eglinski. The Federal Constituency Office can be reached at 613.992.1653. If you require additional information visit the Federal Yellowhead contingency website.

Good government only happens when the people working in it do their jobs, and do them well. ~ Mathew Lesko

Stay Informed

Don’t want to miss the latest news? Subscribe to our email list!