Hinton is such a young community, that we are having to make changes to ensure that our seniors are well cared for. Hinton has provided tax policy and transportation to keep seniors in their homes and many businesses provide senior discounts to support them staying in our community.
Management Body for Senior Citizen Housing Services and Community Housing Hinton, Jasper, Grande Cache and Evansburg can be reached at 780-865-5444 (CAO Tina Szegi)
102 Government Road
Hinton, AB T7V 2A6
Good Samaritan Mountain View Centre
The Good Sam is designated an assisted living facility and provides long-term care for senior requiring more support.
1290 Switzer Drive
Hinton, AB T7V 2E9
- 52 bed extended care facility
- 25 beds full care
- 27 beds assisted living
Lions Sunset Manor
Housing for low income, self sufficient seniors who wish to remain in their homes.
110 West Jasper St.
Hinton, AB T7V 1X2
Pine Valley Lodge
Provides support for self sufficient seniors who wish to receive room & board. Staff is available 24 hours per day.
177 Boutin Avenue
Hinton, AB T7V 2E3
Happy Creek Estates
Subsidized accommodation for low-income renters.
102-135 Mountain Street
Hinton, AB T7V 1N1
Contact: Harry Arnesen, Director by phone 780-817-1915 or email
- 47 unit complex is part of a provincial mandate to build 11,000 affordable housing units by 2012
- The state of the art facility has green technology built in, including geothermal heating and energy efficient windows
- The project budget is close to $7.9 million with approximately $4.9 million coming from the Province and the balance supplied by both the town and the developer
- Low-income families, individuals, and seniors
We are not limited by our old ages; we are liberated by it.
~ Stu Mittleman